Click Here for a Visitor's Guide to Hilbert College
Alumni - PLEASE update your information with our Alumni Office - Click here
WHY Division III College Athletics? Click ncaa logo for answer
Follow your passions and discover your potential.
Weaver Finishes Year Ranked #1 in Division III Volleyball
- Release Date:
- May 16, 2013
INDIANAPOLIS, IN – The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) announced Adam Weaver (Stow, OH/Archbishop Hoban) as the 2013 NCAA Division III statistical champion in Kills Per Set in men’s volleyball.
Weaver was credited with 311 kills in the 72 sets played during Hilbert College’s 2013 season. His 4.32 kills per set led the sixty-one Division III programs in the country.
Weaver became Hilbert’s All-Time Kill Leader (834) early in his junior year after only forty-eight matches. The Outside Hitter completed his junior season leading the Hawks in kills (311), attempts (719) and hitting percentage (.287) as Hilbert’s primary target. With that in mind, opponents prepared to defend his net-play, and yet he was still able to perform for the Hawks. Weaver also led Hilbert in service aces (31) and points per set (4.97).
Hilbert is a member of the United Volleyball Conference, considered the most competitive conference in Division III men’s volleyball. Six of Hilbert’s UVC members finished the 2013 season ranked in the Division III Top 15 Poll, and Hilbert (6-21) competed against 8 of the Top 15 teams during the season.
Weaver repeated as a United Volleyball Conference Honorable Mention All-Conference player, having earned that same award at the completion of his freshman year and for the second consecutive season, Weaver was an Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference 1st Team All-Conference member.
- Hoak and Pernick Earned AMCC All-Conference Honors
- May 16, 2013
- 2013 Baseball AMCC All-Conference PITTSBURGH, PA – Hilbert’s senior Chris Hoak (Hamburg, NY/St. Francis) repeated while junior Joe Pernick (Tonawanda, NY/St. Joseph’s Collegiate Institute) earned his first Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference ...
- What a Year!
- May 10, 2013
- Hamburg, NY - The Athletics Department, President Zane and the Administrative Council are pleased to present a snap-shot of the academic and athletic successes our 2012-13 athletes and coaches. Congratulations to each team and their coaching staffs on ...
- Whitman Earns Second All-Conference Honor
- May 10, 2013
- 2013 AMCC Softball All-Conference Team PITTSBURGH, PA – Hilbert College’s Natalie Whitman was named as a 2013 Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) All-Conference member. Whitman landed on the Third Team as a 1st baseman for the 8-20 Hawks.
- Purtill and Wagner Named Hilbert Co-Student-Athletes of April
- May 7, 2013
- Sean Purtill and William “Mark” Wagner, from the men’s lacrosse team, were named Hilbert College’s Co-Student-Athletes of the Month for April, 2013. Both athletes were instrumental in the success the men’s lacrosse team ...