Transfer Students

Hilbert is a transfer friendly institution. Transfer students represent 30 percent of our incoming class. Students choose Hilbert for our challenging academic programs and excellent placement rate after graduation. Hilbert College maintains several unique transfer agreements with over two dozen two-year public and private colleges throughout New York State and one Canadian institution.  These agreements are linked with transfer scholarship opportunities.  Hilbert College's transfer policies allow for a student to transfer up to 90 credit hours into their Bachelor Degree Programs. 

How to Apply

1.  Apply online or paper application by request.

2. Submit official  transcripts from:
  • College and Universities
  • Military
  • High School
  • Advanced Placement (AP) test scores
  • College Level Examination Program (CLEP)

Admission Requirements

  • Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher is required.
  • Cumulative GPA from most recently attended college will be taken into consideration during the decision process.
  • The student must be in Good Academic standing with previously attended college or university.
  • Students may be considered for provisional acceptance if their cumulative GPA is less than 2.0.
  • Students who were academically dismissed from another college are eligible to transfer admissions following the lapse of one semester.
  • An interview may be required to discuss educational plans more thoroughly.

Transfer of credits

Upon receipt of all college transcripts, the Admissions Office will complete a transfer credit evaluation. A copy of this evaluation is mailed to the student along with their acceptance packet. Hilbert College will only accept courses from accredited colleges and universities.
The maximum number of transfer credits accepted for a bachelor’s degree is 90 credit hours. For an associate’s degree the maximum is 30 credit hours. The credits accepted must apply toward the specific program of study you have chosen as a major.
Articulation Agreements
Hilbert College maintains several unique transfer agreements with over two dozen two-year public and private colleges throughout New York State and one Canadian institution. To see a full listing of our Articulation Agreements please visit the Hilbert  College Catalog.

Transfer Scholarships awarded by Admissions

A $4,000 ANNUAL TRANSFER & ARTICULATION SCHOLARSHIP, effective with the incoming class of the 2015-2016 academic year, is awarded to transfer students who have been accepted to Hilbert College when the student’s GPA is less than 3.5 (at which time they qualify for the HONORS Transfer scholarship) Students must maintain a 2.5 AT HILBERT in order to continue to receive the scholarship. There is a 3 year limit on this scholarship.

A $7,000 ANNUAL HONORS AWARD TRANSFER SCHOLARSHIP is awarded to student(s) who are transferring from a four year accredited, non-articulating college. Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher, and at least 12 credit hours completed or on track to be completed before attending Hilbert. Students must attend full time to be eligible.

*Transfer students that have only attended college for one year since graduating high school will be reviewed for both high school and transfer academic scholarships. Should the student qualify for both scholarships they will be granted the higher of the two scholarships. Under no circumstances will a student be eligible to receive both high school and transfer academic scholarships. Click here to find a full list of scholarships and grants.

Financial Aid
To be eligible for federal financial aid, applicants must file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at

Hilbert College FAFSA Code: 002735
New York State Residents
To be eligible for NYS financial aid, applicants must file for TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) at

Hilbert College TAP Code: 2083
Visit Our Campus
We encourage all transfer students to visit our beautiful campus and meet with our Transfer Counselor. Our Transfer Counselor will provide general information about Hilbert College, specific information about your program of study and transfer credits, and arrange a campus tour. To schedule a visit online visit or by phone 1-800-649-8003.
Visit this link to check out and register for our upcoming events.
Residence Life

Transfer students are eligible for on-campus housing. The cost of housing includes a student meal plan, for use at on-campus dining facilities. In order to be eligible for residence life, you must complete and submit a housing application and a housing deposit.

If you have transfer questions please contact our transfer specialist in the admissions office: 

Jeannette (Testa) Delaney
Assistant Director of Admissions





Virtual Tour