Cultural Awareness Week
Understanding cultural similarities and differences is essential for effective communication while serving as global citizens of the world. In honor of Diversity Awareness Month and United Nations Day, the Office of Multicultural Affairs will hold a week of celebratory activities focused on cultural awareness. The purpose of this week long event is to provide faculty, staff, and students an opportunity to interact with one another outside of the classroom while learning more about culture and diversity. The week of programming seeks to provide students with a deepened understanding of social justice and human interactions while inspiring personal and professional growth. Cultural Awareness Week is planned by various constituencies on campus to provide a holistic representation of programs, while strengthening diversity, community and inclusion on the Hilbert College campus. There are two goals that the week will focus on:
- To expose students to diverse perspectives and promote advocacy for social justice among students
- To promote and encourage awareness of diversity throughout the community by offering a wide range of programs, services, and activities
- Students will become interculturally aware and acquire an openness to diversity (i.e., Based on Liberal Learning Outcomes)
- Students will learn the importance of respecting cultural differences and similarities
- Students will discover a sense of community and become more integrated into the Hilbert College campus through the celebration of culture
Save the date for next year's annual program which will be held from October 19, 2015 to October 23, 2015.
Theme: "From Awareness to Action"
October 20, 2014 to October 24, 2014
Theme: "Promoting Community Through Social Justice"
October 7, 2013 to October 10, 2013
Theme: "Building Bridges, Creating Community"
October 8, 2011 to October 12, 2012
Theme: "Celebrating Differences"
October 6, 2011 to October 13, 2011
- Summer Session I -Last Day to Withdraw Without Academic Penalty
- May 22, 2015
- Summer Session A1-Last Day to Withdraw Without Academic Penalty
- May 22, 2015
- Memorial Day-No Classes
- May 25, 2015