Becoming an RA
Resident Assistants (RAs) are student staff members for the Office of Residence Life. As an RA, you provide assistance, information, help and support to resident students. RAs have a lot of enthusiasm, commitment and flexibility to work in the residence halls' dynamic and changing environment.
RAs live on campus in one of the wings or units in the residence halls. An RA position is for one year and those who would like to come back again as an RA may do so by reapplying each year.
RAs are responsible for:
- Getting to know each resident who lives in the residence hall area they oversee.
- Familiarizing residents with residence hall rules and regulations, as well as the rights and responsibilities of residents.
- Assisting with the enforcement of rules, rights and responsibilities.
- Helping students maintain an environment conducive to learning.
- Being on call to respond to emergency situations on a rotating basis from 7 p.m. to 8 a.m. daily.
- Acting as liaisons between residents and the Office of Residence Life.
- Assisting in the development of social and educational activities.
- Facilitating student-to-student and student-to-staff interaction.
- RAs receive free room if placed in an apartment or residence hall room and a $600/year stipend with a $100.00 increase for each year returning.
- RAs in the Residence Hall must have a meal plan.
- If you have a loan or receive aid, check with your financial aid counselor to see if being an RA will affect your aid package.
How to Apply
To apply for an RA position, you must:
- Be matriculated in a degree program.
- Have at least a 2.5 grade point average and sophomore status.
- Have lived on campus at least one semester prior to employment.
- Have no outstanding debt owed to the college at the time of employment.
- Have no continuing record of disciplinary action.
The Office of Residence Life and Judicial Affairs is pleased to announce that our new RA search is now underway: Please refer to the timeline below for details. Thanks and Best of Luck.
February 15th: RA Applications available online under On Campus Living
February 26th: RA info session I: 9:00 pm in Trinity Hall basement
March 6th: RA info session II: 8:00 pm in Trinity Hall basement
March 18th-22nd: Interview sign ups outside Residence Life
March 22nd: RA application deadline: Due in the Office of Residence Life by 4:30 pm
March 25th-28th: RA candidate interviews
April 3rd: Selection letters sent out (please check your mailbox)
April 5th: RA acceptance forms due back
Be Part of the Puzzle
RA Application Materials:
If you have additional questions about the process, please do not hesistate to contact:
Jason Lanker, Director of Residence Life and Judicial Affairs, at 716-649-7900 ext. 362 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Goodwin, Assistant Director of Residence Life and Judicial Affairs, at 716-649-7900 ext. 426 or email@example.com
Akil McLeod, Area Coordinator of Residence LIfe, at 716-649-7900 ext: 431