Mission and Role of the Library
The mission of McGrath Library is to promote lifelong learning
McGrath Library provides resources, both human and material, for the perpetuation of learning. With the continued cooperation and support of both the administration and faculty, McGrath provides for Hilbert’s students, faculty, and staff, an extension of the classroom as well as a laboratory for learning and research. We strongly ascribe to the College’s Franciscan values and perceive our mission as follows:
- We believe that active collaboration with the teaching faculty is necessary to support and enhance the academic curricula.
- We believe that continual maintenance of the collection in various formats will complement the College’s academic mission.
- We believe in the importance of diversity and social responsibility to an ever-changing international community.
- We believe in reaching out to provide services to the surrounding community as well as to the campus community.
- We believe in nurturing the intellectual curiosity that leads to lifelong learning.
- We believe in treating our colleagues and patrons with respect, honesty, and good humor.
- We believe in actively and creatively promoting the Library’s services and resources to the faculty, students, and staff.
- We believe that the strength of our Library depends on the quality of its personnel in addition to its collection and services.
- We believe in providing a comfortable facility that encourages research, learning, and intellectual curiosity as well as a gathering place for social cooperation and collaboration.
- We believe in actively engaging with the area high schools to promote information literacy.
- We believe that an academic library has a responsibility to the community as well as the school, and that the library’s services and resources should be promoted and shared with both.
- Last Lecture & Champagne Toast
- Apr 21, 2015
- Freshman Class Kickball Tournament
- Apr 21, 2015
- CAB's Hump Day Camel Hunt
- Apr 22, 2015