How To Apply for Undergraduate Admissions

  1. Apply by Mail
  2. Apply Online
  3. Download an Application
  4. Instructions for Freshmen Applicants
  5. Advanced College Credit Program
  6. Advanced Placement/Credit by Examination

Apply by Mail
Simply contact Hilbert to request an application by calling the Office of Admissions at 716-926-8780 or 1-800-649-8003. If calling after business hours, clearly leave your name, address, phone number, and academic program of interest and we will send out the information you requested. Follow the instructions for completing the application form and return it with the appropriate materials and the $25 application fee. The fee may be paid by check or money order made payable to Hilbert College. Please note your name and Social Security number on the application fee payment when sending it to the admissions office.

Apply Online
Click here to apply online, follow the instructions, then submit the completed form. It's that easy. For applications that we receive online, the $25 application fee is waived. Please  arrange for all of your official transcripts from prior institutions to be sent to us. Once we receive these materials, your application will be considered complete and we can then begin the admission process.

Download an Application
You will need Acrobat Reader to download an application. After completing the application, send it with the appropriate materials and a $25 check or money order made payable to Hilbert College. Be sure to include your name and Social Security number on the application fee payment.

Instructions for Freshmen Applicants

  1. Fill out the application carefully and completely.
  2. Attach to the application a $25 check or money order made payable to Hilbert College. This application fee is nonrefundable. The $25 fee is waived if you apply online. 
  3. Have your high school counselor complete their recommendation section. They will attach a copy of the secondary school transcript and return the application to:
    Hilbert College
    Director of Admissions
    5200 South Park Ave.
    Hamburg, NY 14075
  4. Obtain a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) from the Hilbert Office of Student Finance or online at Forms may also be available from your high school guidance counselor. Complete the form and send it for processing to:
    Federal Student Aid Programs
    P.O. Box 4032
    Iowa City, IA 52243
  5. If you have taken the SAT and your scores are not indicated on your transcripts, you may request that previously taken tests be reported to Hilbert (college code 2334) by writing to the College Entrance Examination Board, Box 502, Princeton, NJ 08540. This is optional for your application.
  6. Request that results from ACT be sent to Hilbert (college code: 2759). This is also optional for your application.
  7. After the above steps are fulfilled, you may be notified to contact the admissions office to schedule a personal interview or to schedule placement tests.
  8. Upon acceptance, send a $50 deposit when you have made your college choice, which is nonrefundable but applicable toward tuition.

Advanced College Credit Program

  • Students who have completed their junior year in high school and high school seniors may apply for the Advanced College Credit Program.
  • The program permits eligible high school students to begin taking courses for college credit at Hilbert during the summer after their junior year in high school. It makes it possible for seniors to shorten the time required to earn a degree by allowing students to take college courses during their senior year.
  • Seniors may elect to take one or two courses at Hilbert while attending their respective high schools.
  • Principals or guidance counselors of the respective high schools must approve students who wish to attend summer or semester sessions.
  • High school students may enroll on a space available basis and must meet the course prerequisites.
  • Students will be charged two-thirds of regular tuition. No application or college fees will be charged.
  • An interview may be required to discuss educational and career plans more thoroughly.

Advanced Placement/Credit by Examination

  • Hilbert recognizes college-level work completed in high school under the Advanced Placement Program of the College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB).
  • Student work that receives a rating of 3 to 5 on the advanced placement examination will be considered for college credit and/or advanced placement status.