What is an Internship?
A digital media and communication internship is a unique opportunity to gain practical, hands-on work experience in a professional environment. It allows you to take what you've learned in the classroom and apply it to a real-work setting.
Internships take place during the fall, spring or summer semesters and you'll receive academic credit for your efforts. This is your chance to make contributions to an organization and to demonstrate your potential value as a full-time employee after graduation.
- Gain valuable work experience in communications before graduating.
- Check out your interest in the field.
- Clarify your interests, and strengths and weaknesses that need to be worked on.
- Find out about additional job possibilities.
- Develop your intellectual, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Gain relevant experience and skills, giving you greater potential to be hired by the organization where you intern.
- Network with professionals in the communications field.
- Gain a sense of self-confidence and professionalism.
- Bring classroom learning to life.
- Increase your job marketability in the communications field.
- Narrow your focus and clarify your career goals.
Who to Contact
To find our more about internship requirements and organizations offering internships in communications, contact:
Prof. Christopher R. Gallant
Digital Media and Communication Internship Coordinator
- Commuter Hot Cocoa Bar
- Jan 26, 2015
- Drop/Add Period Ends -Last Day to Receive Full Refund
- Jan 27, 2015
- Sophomore Welcome Back Bucket Bash
- Jan 27, 2015