Hilbert Students Shine in NYS Phi Beta Lambda Competition 2012
- Release Date:
- November 28, 2012
- Matt Heidt, email@example.com
HAMBURG, N.Y. – The chapter of Phi Beta Lambda at Hilbert College is an active organization whose mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs.
In April of this year the New York State chapter of Phi Beta Lambda held its annual competition in which several Hilbert students took home first place in four different categories. The following Hilbert College students were cited for their performance at the competition:
• John Babocsi first place in “Marketing Analysis and Decision-Making”
• Adam Haker first place in “Management Analysis and Decision Making”
• David Haseley first place in “Human Resource Management”
• Nina Pierino first place in “Project Management”
• Sarah Zablonski first place in “Accounting Analysis and Decision Making”
Other colleges that were represented in the competition were Briarcliffe College, SUNY Geneseo, Herkimer Community College, SUNY Binghamton, and SUNY Oswego.
Hilbert College, located in suburban Hamburg, N.Y., south of Buffalo, is a private four-year college founded in 1957 in the Catholic Franciscan tradition. With nearly 1,100 students, Hilbert is a dynamic Western New York college that offers career-focused majors, including one of the top criminal justice programs in the region, and more than 50 minors and concentrations. The college’s engaging, student-centered campus community offers numerous leadership, internship, and service learning opportunities from which students launch successful careers while making positive changes in their communities. The Hilbert Blueprint promotes a well-rounded student experience over four years – starting with the Foundations Seminar in the freshman year, followed by Sophomore Service, Junior Symposium, and culminating with the Senior Capstone. Hilbert has expanded its academic offerings with the college’s first graduate programs and new Accelerated Degree Programs geared to adult learners.
- CAW: Reflections of a Hip-Hop Culture: Commercialism vs. Social Consciousness
- Oct 22, 2014
- CAW: Film Viewing Miss Representation
- Oct 22, 2014
- CAW: Cultural Bazaar
- Oct 23, 2014