Friends of the Library
Invest in the Community
Hilbert College has been a part of the Hamburg community since 1957.
Take advantage of the convenience of the proximity of a college library.
Benefits at a glance:
- Borrowing privileges
- Photocopies 5 cents per page
- Print legal reference materials
- Strong non-fiction, academic collection
- Quiet study areas
- Internet access (see below for details)
Who is eligible to be a Friend of the Library (FOL)?
- Adult members of the community may join the FOL program for a contribution of $20.
- Hilbert College Graduates may borrow materials upon presentation of an Alumni card. They may also join the FOL program at the adult contribution rate.
- High school juniors and seniors may inquire about our High School FOL program.
- Franciscan Sisters of St. Joseph may join the FOL program for free.
What library privileges does an FOL have?
An FOL may check out two(2) items (books, audiobooks, DVDs, etc.) for two weeks from the circulating collection of McGrath Library. No more than two items can be out at any given time.
Computer and Internet access is available to an FOL, with priority given to students and faculty. Upon presentation of a membership card and photo ID, an FOL must fill out a Hilbert College Computer Use Form to obtain an ID and password from the College's IT department.
In compliance with the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA), McGrath Library reserves the right to revoke computer privileges if computers are used for anything other than legitimate reasons.
What is the fine for an overdue book?
The fine for each overdue book is 25 cents per day including weekends and holidays. If the book is overdue and another individual has requested it, the FOL will be notified by phone. He or she will be advised that the daily fine will be increased to $1.00 per day if the book is not returned within 48 hours. The charge remains 25 cents for the earlier days. If a book is lost, the FOL will be charged its replacement cost.
How long is the card valid?
The card is valid for one(1) fiscal year, June 1 through May 31. Memberships initiated after November will be renewed the second succeeding year. To join the Friend of the Library program at Hilbert College, please ask for a membership brochure at the Library's Information Desk.
Are there any services that are not available to me?
Library database use is reserved for Hilbert College students, faculty, and staff only.
The Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service is reserved for Hilbert College students, faculty, and staff only. Please see your local public library to obtain items not available at McGrath Library.
Friend of the Library memberships support McGrath Library's mission of providing the best possible facility, services, and collections for the Hilbert College and Hamburg communities.
- Therapy Dogs
- Dec 12, 2013
- Last Class Session for Evening Classes
- Dec 12, 2013
- Last Class Session for Weekday Classes
- Dec 13, 2013