2012 Graduates Receive Top Awards, Honored for Community Service
- Release Date:
- June 19, 2012
- Matt Heidt, firstname.lastname@example.org
HAMBURG, N.Y. – Top awards to new graduates in the Hilbert College Class of 2012 and recognition for local and international community service work were presented to selected recipients on the college’s commencement day that took place last month.
- Ann Marie Roach of Attica, who received the Lambert and Margaret Graham Award, which is presented to the person who earned the highest cumulative quality point average as a Hilbert student.
- Chelsea Schreiber of West Seneca, who received the Kimberly Bruch Raczkowski Memorial Alumni Association Award, which honors a graduate who personifies integrity and moral character, as well as exhibits leadership qualities and reflects the spirit of Hilbert.
- Kolleen Sullivan of South Buffalo, who received the Sister Mary Edwina Bogel Award, which is given to the outstanding female graduate in recognition of her character, intellectual achievement and devoted service to fellow students and the college.
- Patrick Winney of Akron, who received the John W. Kissel Man of the Year Award, which is given to an outstanding male graduate in recognition of his character, intellectual progress, organizational ability, and participation in college activities and programs.
Hilbert College, located in suburban Hamburg, N.Y., south of Buffalo, is a private four-year college founded in 1957 in the Catholic Franciscan tradition. With nearly 1,100 students, Hilbert is a dynamic Western New York college that offers career-focused majors, including one of the top criminal justice programs in the region, and more than 50 minors and concentrations. The college’s engaging, student-centered campus community offers numerous leadership, internship, and service learning opportunities from which students launch successful careers while making positive changes in their communities. The Hilbert Blueprint promotes a well-rounded student experience over four years – starting with the Foundations Seminar in the freshman year, followed by Sophomore Service, Junior Symposium, and culminating with the Senior Capstone. Hilbert has expanded its academic offerings with the college’s first graduate programs and new Accelerated Degree Programs geared to adult learners.
- Weather Alert
- Nov 18, 2014
- CANCELLED - CJ Conference - NY/NJ HIDTA Tactical Emergency Casualty Care Course
- Nov 21, 2014
- CANCELLED- Transfer Friday
- Nov 21, 2014