* Access Buffalo * Akron Elementary School * Ashford Hollow Foundation
* Amherst Youth Foundation *Alzheimer's Association of WNY
* Boys and Girls Club * Buffalo Anti-Graffiti Task Force
* Buffalo City Mission * Buffalo Public School #17 * Catholic Charities of WNY
* Cattaraugus Community Action * Claddagh Commission * Compeer
* Concordia Cemetery * Family Promise of WNY * FraLan
* Franciscan Sisters of St. Joseph * Friends of Night People
*Girl Scouts of WNY * Griffis Sculpture Park * Homespace Corp. * Hospice
* Journey's End Refugee Services * Liberty Partnership Program * Meals on Wheels
* Morlock Foundation * Nickel City Triathlon * Partners in Compassionate Service
* Peaceprints Prison Ministries * St. Vincent de Paul * Upstate New York Transplant Services
* VA of WNY * VFW Post 1419 * Village of Hamburg Adult Services
* Vietnam Veterans of America * Vive La Casa * "Y" Southtowns
Meaningful, sustainable partnerships with community organizations form the foundation for Hilbert College's service-learning efforts. Community organizations who are interested in partnering with Hilbert should contact the Office of Service Learning at 649-7900 ext. 356 to discuss ideas for collaboration.
Whenever possible, initial contact between Hilbert and a community agency will be facilitated by Hilbert's Service Learning Coordinator or a faculty member. This contact is intended to identify the types of opportunities available through the community agency and the times/dates/expectations of the student service. Students will then be expected to contact the service site directly to make arrangements for their service. Community agencies should only agree to take students if the presence of the students will be an asset, rather than a burden, to the organization. The intention of service-learning is to meet a community need; only the community agency can determine if such a need exists.
Community agencies are encouraged to keep in close contact with the faculty member or Service Learning Coordinator throughout the semester in order to address issues or concerns as they arise. At the conclusion of the service activities, the community partner will be asked to complete an evaluation of their experience with service-learning students. This evaluation will be distributed via email, but community agencies may request a paper copy of the evaluation by contacting Hilbert's Service Learning Coordinator or the faculty member with whom they have been working. Completed evaluations should be returned to Hilbert's Service Learning Office, 5200 South Park Ave., Hamburg, NY 14075.
Community agencies are encouraged to contact Hilbert's Service Learning Office with any issues, concerns or thoughts as soon as they arise.
Documents and Forms: