Campus Safety FAQS
- Is the campus really safe?
- What is the most prevalent crime on campus?
- Are there emergency phones available on campus?
- What if I have a problem or feel threatened?
- Is the campus patrolled?
- Are campus crime statistics available?
- Where can visitors park?
- If no one is using the handicapped parking space and I can't find an open space near my building, may I park in the handicapped parking space?
- What if I bring a vehicle that does not have a registered parking permit to campus?
- May I have two vehicles on campus?
- How do I recover my vehicle if it's towed?
- If my assigned lot is full, where should I park?
- Do I have to register my vehicle again if I registered it last year?
1. Is the campus really safe?
Yes, particularly when you compare Hilbert's crime rate to other colleges of a similar size, our crime rate is very low. Campus safety and the Town of Hamburg Police Department work closely in providing a safe environment for all students, faculty and staff. You can do your part by being cautious, observant and willing to report suspicious or criminal activities.
3. Are there emergency phones available on campus?
Yes. Red emergency phones are located in several campus buildings, giving you direct access to campus safety. Red phones are located in Bogel Hall in the front foyer, on the first floor across from the student lounge, and the second floor hallway. Red phones are also located in the Athletic Training Room in Hafner Recreation Center, in the Lower Level Campus Center, and in the Maintenance Building outside Campus Safety. Blue light phones are located in outdoor locations in front of the Hafner Recreation Center, in Resident Lot E behind Apartment A, and in Commuter Lot B behind Apartment D.
4. What if I have a problem or feel threatened?
Immediately call campus safety at 479-1233 or use an emergency phone.
6. Are campus crime statistics available?
In accordance with the Student Right-to-Know Act of 1990, Hilbert must provide information related to crime statistics and security measures to members of the campus community. The latest statistics are available online.
7. Where can visitors park?
Visitors can park in lot G located between McGrath Library and the maintenance building or lot H between the library and Franciscan Hall. Overnight guests in the residence hall/apartments may use lot G but must obtain an overnight guest pass from the residence hall director or Campus Safety.
8. If no one is using the handicapped parking space and I can't find an open space near my building, may I park in that space?
Handicapped parking spaces are for handicapped individuals who have an approved parking permit to use these designated areas. Parking in these spaces without the proper permit will result in a parking violation and fine.
10. May I have two vehicles on campus?
Due to a limited number of parking spots, you are not allowed to have more than one registered vehicle on campus. College employees may register more than one vehicle but only one may be on campus at a time.
11. How do I recover my vehicle if it's towed?
Contact campus safety at 479-1233 or stop by the office in the maintenance building to find out where your vehicle has been towed. You will be responsible for the cost of towing and any storage cost.
- Summer Session I -Last Class Session
- Jun 5, 2015
- ADP & Graduate Open House
- Jun 10, 2015
- Summer Session A1 Ends
- Jun 26, 2015