Collaboration. Mentorship. Exploration.
What is an Internship?
A paralegal internship is a unique opportunity to gain practical, hands-on work experience in a professional environment. It allows you take what you've learned in the classroom and apply it to a real-work setting, such as law firms, courts, corporations, non-profit agencies, government agencies, and legal services agencies. You may find this is a perfect transition to a professional position or to continue in graduate studies. Our unique internship program contributes greatly to our outstanding placement record for paralegal graduates of our ABA-approved degree program.
Internships take place either during the fall, spring or summer semesters and you'll receive academic credit for your efforts. This is your chance to make contributions to an organization and to demonstrate your potential value as a full-time employee after graduation.
- Gain valuable work experience before graduating.
- Check out your interest in the field.
- Clarify your interests, and identify your strengths.
- Find out about additional job possibilities.
- Develop your intellectual, problem-solving and teamwork skills.
- Gain relevant experience and skills, giving you greater potential to be hired by the organization where you intern.
- Network with professionals in the legal field.
- Gain a sense of self-confidence and professionalism.
- Bring classroom learning to life.
- Increase your job marketability in the paralegal field.
- Prepare for graduate studies.
Who to Contact
To find our more about internship requirements and organizations offering paralegal internships contact:
Chair, Professional Studies Division
155 Paczesny Hall
649-7900, ext. 401
- Summer Session A2 -Drop/Add Period Ends -Last Day to Receive Full Refund
- Jul 7, 2015
- Hilbert Alumni Graduate School Decision Day
- Jul 9, 2015
- Graduate & ADP Open House
- Jul 9, 2015