Collaboration. Mentorship. Exploration.
What is an Internship?
Potential employers are increasingly interested in hiring graduates who have had meaningful real-world computer security internship. Hilbert recognizes the need to prepare its students with hands-on, practical work experience while providing a valuable resource to government, law enforcement, banking and related agencies or businesses. Using a network of more than 25 internship sites, all types of agencies and private industry employers offer economic crime investigation internships to our students.
Offered your senior year, internships take place either during the fall or spring semester and you'll receive six academic credits for your efforts. This is your chance to make contributions to an organization and to demonstrate your potential value as a full-time employee after graduation.
- Gain 240 hours of valuable, in-the-field economic crime investigation work experience before graduating.
- Check out your interest in the field.
- Clarify your interests, strengths and weaknesses that need to be worked on.
- Find out about additional job possibilities.
- Develop your intellectual, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Gain relevant experience and skills, giving you greater potential to be hired by the agency or organization where you intern.
- Network with professionals in the economic crime investigation field.
- Gain a sense of self-confidence and professionalism.
- Bring classroom learning to life.
- Increase your job marketability in the economic crime investigation field.
- Narrow your focus and clarify your career goals.
Hilbert's partnership with many federal, state and local agencies and organizations, banks, insurance companies, and private businesses provide numerous internship sites from which to choose.
Who to Contact
To find our more about internship requirements and agencies offering internships in economic crime investigation, contact:
Computer Security and Information Assurance Dept.
124 Bogel Hall
649-7900, ext. 250
- De-Stress Fest
- Apr 28, 2015
- CJ & FS Association Guest Speakers Series - Police Brutality
- Apr 28, 2015
- Relaxing in the Lounge
- Apr 29, 2015