Military Checklist

Military Checklist
Request your Military Transcripts

·         Air Force:

·         Army:

·         Navy/Marines:

·         Coast Guard:


·         Have all of your transcripts sent to the following address:

Hilbert College

Attn: Student Records

5200 S. Park Ave.

Hamburg, NY 14075

Apply for Benefits: The application can be completed online

·         Questions about entitlement, eligibility, or application status should be directed to the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551).

Provide Veterans Certifying Official with a copy of your DD214 (if applicable) and your Certificate of Eligibility

·         Certificates of Eligibility are mailed directly from the Department of Veterans Affairs when your application has been processed and approved. You benefits WILL NOT be certified without this document.

Certify your Enrollment

·         Students receiving MGIB-Active Duty (Chapter 30), Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606), or REAP (Chapter 1607) benefits must verify their enrollment on the last calendar day of the month by using the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) at or by calling toll free at 1-877-823-2378.

·         If you do not already have a login/pin you will need to follow the directions on the WAVE page to set up a secure account.

Notify the VA and Veterans Certifying Offical of any changes

·         Notify the Veterans Certifying Official and the Department of Veterans Affairs of any changes in your enrollment status or contact information. Failure to follow this guideline could result in an interruption of benefits, or an overpayment of benefits.


Contact Information:

Caprice Arabia

Director of Student Records/Veterans Certifying Official

Phone: 716-926-8942, ext. 341
Fax: 716-649-1152

Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:30-5:00 & Friday 8:30 - 4:30


For more information please visit the GI Bill Website: