Welcome to Hilbert College!
Hilbert is a transfer friendly institution. Transfer students typically represent nearly 30 percent of our incoming class. These students choose Hilbert for our challenging academic programs and excellent placement records. They also choose us because of our unique transfer agreements, generous transfer policies, personal services and advisement, and articulation scholarship opportunities.
- Admission is based upon past academic performance, demonstrated ability, and personal characteristics.
- Students are considered for admission without regard to their age, race, creed, sex, ethnic background, or physical handicap.
- In some cases, provisional acceptance may be granted requiring students to meet certain criteria to maintain enrollment.
- An interview may be required to discuss educational plans more thoroughly.
- Credits earned at another college may be applied toward a degree program at Hilbert.
- College credentials, including transcripts from previously attended colleges, must be submitted to the Office of Admissions prior to fulfilling other admissions procedures.
- Students who were academically dismissed from another college are eligible to transfer admissions following the lapse of one semester.
- Special articulation agreements are available with more than two dozen two-year public and private colleges throughout New York State and one Canadian institution.
- All full-time or part-time students born on or after Jan. 1, 1957 are required to submit verification of immunization for mumps, rubella, and measles prior to attending college.
- Transfer students are encouraged to join our athletic teams. There are no age specifications, however, there are NCAA guidelines on maximum years of eligibility.